« Home | ~ Devotional ~ » | Something To Think About » | Song of the Hour » | Thought of the Day #6 » | Something New to do ~ Felting » | ~ Devotional ~ Jan » | Today's Devotions » | Happy New Year! » | Merry Christmas to you all! » | Peaceful Day at the Museum »

Cultivating Mother's Heart Pt 7




Well, I haven't been keeping up with this as much as I'd like. Oh, I've been reading and cultivating my heart, but I haven't been reading the books I thought I would be. I tried to read the Seed of Hope book, but it was not orderly enough for me to grasp what I think Nouwen would have had me gather by reading the original book. So, I have sent that book back to the library and I did manage to purchase a biography of Nouwen that the library had withdrawn from the collection. The title is "Henri Nouwen: A Restless Seeking for God" by Jurjen Beumer. I 've been reading various books though, on cooking, shopping, living simply and frugally, moving to the country and cartoons. I love reading Calvin and Hobbes and Garfield, they make we laugh.

I was sick at the first of the year and I was not interested in reading as much. I did begin some new habits using tips from FlyLady. I am doing much better even though dh has been sick this week. All is well.

Returning to our topic, I have been reading a book called Frugal Luxuries and I have found several wonderful tips for nurturing my soul, heart, mind and home. A couple of the quotes I've posted this month I found in this book. It was a wonderful reminder of why I do what I do and how to make it even more enjoyable.

You will notice that I have updated my sidebar some. You will find my current personal reading list. I do have 3 reading lists going at the moment, 1 for this blog, 1 for the school blog and 1 for my new blog, Simplified Life which is for living a more simple lifestyle and learning to do more homestead type things. It has been fun doing this.

I hope everyone is keeping up with their personal reading and always having something to grow by on hand. I may not have read the ones I planned, however, I have continued to have 3 books going, which is an accomplishment in itself. I'll talk with you all real soon.
Have an awesome week!

What a wonderful series of posts! Thank you so much for sharing. I just put a post on my own blog about this reading plan and then this morning find your wonderful example of how to put it into practice. I hope you don't mind but I posted a link to your blog so others will know about it. You can check it out here:

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lvbirdermom/

I also enjoyed your posted daily devotional. I look forward to visiting you often.

Post a Comment

About me

Webrings