« Home | Thought of the Day #5 » | ~ Merry Christmas ~ » | Cultivating Mother's Heart Pt 6 » | Did You Know? » | Thoughts of the Day » | Something To Think About » | Cultivating Mother's Heart Pt 5 » | Thought of the Day #4 » | C. S. Lewis » | Exploring the Classics »

Peaceful Day at the Museum


Today, my oldest dd and I went to her work's Christmas luncheon. The luncheon took place at Le Villa in the Philbrook Museum. It was delightful and the food was excellent. The best part of the day was walking though the museum w/my dd. I think we had the most fun in the gift shop but we didn't spend any money, this time. We plan to go back and purchase a copy of the above painting. It is very beautiful in person. I am not sure if the one the Philbrook has is the original, but it doesn't matter ~ it is exquisite. My dd loves it. I think we own an art book w/more of his paintings, I'll have to look.

Enjoy the picture

The Shepherdess
1889
Adolphe-William Bouguereau

I love his paintings! Someday I hope to have a print of this one:
http://www.illusionsgallery.com/childhood-idyll.html

Post a Comment

About me

Webrings