« Home | Peaceful Day at the Museum » | Thought of the Day #5 » | ~ Merry Christmas ~ » | Cultivating Mother's Heart Pt 6 » | Did You Know? » | Thoughts of the Day » | Something To Think About » | Cultivating Mother's Heart Pt 5 » | Thought of the Day #4 » | C. S. Lewis »

Merry Christmas to you all!



This is the print we gave dh for his b-day. It was a very good day too. You can read more here.

Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you all had a marvelous and peaceful time w/your families and friends. We did. I have been prayerfully considering what I would share today, since I hadn't written in a while. I actually took time off from "cyberspace" to just be. After talking w/my best friend on Mon, I decided to update my blogs so that my dear cyber-buddies would know that all is well w/me and my house. ; )

I have spent time finishing the reading on Lewis, though I don't think I will ever be finished. I am finding that there is more to this man than a month will allow to be read. I borrowed a biography that has captivated my attention and I intend to continue my Lewis study until I have had my fill. I have begun my new study for December which appears to be moving into January, but that's okay. This new study is interesting as well. My best friend asked me what I was reading and I had to stop and think for a moment. You see, I am reading several books at once, so to just name one was not as easy as I thought. I'll update my reading list in my sidebar later.

My current monthly reading is as follows:

The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer
Way of the Heart by Henri Nouwen
~ actually reading excepts from Seeds of Hope

I received several new books and cds this year. My dh ordered books from my booklist at CBD and I'm so excited ~ can't wait to read them, yes all of them! ; ) I had a wonderful day, lots of chocolate, scented candles and family fun. Our Lord and Savior was the best part, He filled our hearts and home w/everlasting peace.

I've been reflecting on my walk w/Him and I realize that I have come a long way from where I was this time last year, yet there is so much more to learn and do. So, I shall "Carry On," and go wherever and do whatever my Lord wants me to do. There are new things on the horizon in 2006 and I am patiently waiting for the Lord to reveal Himself and all His glory to me. What about you?, Are you waiting to see what the Lord has in store for you? Are you preparing your heart to receive His absolute best in the new year? Are you making plans to follow His resolutions or are you making your own? Tough ?s I know, for I too have to answer these myself. However, I believe I am ready to yield and turn this whole thing over to Him and let Him lead. Its definitely a much more peaceful journey and there are always beautiful things to see along the way.

I leave you w/these challenging ?s and my list that I can't wait to thoroughly enjoy. Hope you enjoy it and if you own any of them, let me know what you think of them. I'd love to hear from you about your Christmas and your answers to my ?s.

My recent additions to our library:
Mere Christianity Journal ~ absolutely awesome
101 More Devotions for Homeschool Moms ~ love it, now I don't have to borrow the library's
God's Generals II ~ we own the first one and have borrowed this from the library ~ awesome church history. We use this as our Bible History read aloud.
Book Lover's Guide to Great Reading ~ you all know what I think of this one ~ my very own now!
Walking Through the Wardrobe ~ a devotional ~ special pick of dh's
Watermark by Watermark ~ wonderful, especially the track "Gloria"
Arriving by Chris Tomlin ~ you know I love this one very much
Chris Tomlin Live From Austin Music Hall ~ too good to be true
Live Uplugged by Jeremy Camp ~ love it, its a cd/dvd combo
A Classical Christmas ~ beautiful
What I Was Made For by Big Daddy Weave ~ nice one
Repeat the Sounding Joy by Phillips Craig & Dean ~ listening now, very beautiful and uplifting

~ Take care and have a blessed week rejoicing in the New Year! ~

About me

Webrings