« Home | I'm Chamomile » | Who Knew?! » | Who Am I? » | What's Your Season » | Cultivating Mother's Heart Pt 2 » | Song of the Hour » | Cultivating Mother's Heart » | Thought of the Day #3 » | Fall/Autumn - Most Wonderful Time of the Year » | CD Picks of the Week! »

Cultivating Mother's Heart Pt 3


I've been working through my reading list, well at least for the books I have. I haven't been able to find my copy of The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe and the library's copies are all out, especially in light of the upcoming movie debut. Well, I hope to read it soon. I have also picked up a new book called "Soul of The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe," by Veith. So far the intro has been very captivating, I'll share more later in the week.

Here is something to think about I found as I was reading. I hope you ponder its meaning and enjoy it as much as I have.

Love is one, and love is changeless.
For love loves unto purity. Love has ever in view the absolute loveliness of that which it beholds. Where loveliness is incomplete, and cannot love its fill of loving, it spends itself to make more lovely, that it may love more; it strives for perfection, even that itself may be perfected--not in itself, but in the object. As it was love that first created humanity, so even human love, in proportion to its divinity, will go on creating the beautiful for its own outpouring. There is nothing eternal but that which loves and can be loved, and love is ever climbing towards the consummation when such shall be the universe, imperishable, divine.
Therefore all that is not beautiful in the beloved, all that comes between and is not of love's kind, must be destroyed.
And our God is a consuming fire.
Excerpt from Unspoken Sermons by George McDonald (1824-1905) - Scottish Congregationalist pastor, novelist, myth maker, and poet. MacDonald had a profound influence on C. S. Lewis. Lewis said that MacDonald's Phantastes "baptized my imagination."

From the Library of C. S. Lewis by James Stuart Bell (pg 8)

Have an awesome week of Thanksgiving, praise and being!
~ Be Blessed ~

What a quote, Dawn! I was thinking about love this morning... This has given me more matter for rumination. Thansk!

Post a Comment

About me

Webrings