« Home | Something to Think About » | ~ Devotional ~ Feb » | Song of the Hour » | Today's Devotions » | Cultivating Mother's Heart Pt 7 » | ~ Devotional ~ » | Something To Think About » | Song of the Hour » | Thought of the Day #6 » | Something New to do ~ Felting »

Today's Devotions



Oh, how the Father truly loves me. I must tell you, life hasn't been the lovely story He has planned for me these past few years. We moved to OK and still don't have a home church and its been hard on me. I desperately miss my pastor's ministry, lovingkindness, and covering. I miss my church family, my adopted parents and all those who have touched and ministered to me when I needed it most. Oh, please don't misunderstand, I have made some wonderful friends and beautiful people who daily inspire me to be all that I can be, however, I don't actually know them or see them on a regularly basis. Most of them are my new cyber family, whom I truly and dearly love.

After reading today's devotion, I realized that I had allowed the love of God that flows in and through me to become dormant in several areas. I had stopped loving the unlovely, serving the needy and simply loving my life through Christ. I forgot how much I love being of service to my King, of being the vessel that His love and compassion flows through, of being His hands and feet to a needy and dying world, and how good it made me feel to know He loves me so very much.

You see, I don't hear that message every day or every week anymore. It really is hard to explain, but living here in a city that has a church on every corner and where there is no love is really hard for me. My home church in Va motto is "Love never fails," and it is so true, they exemplify this message well. Yes, they had their issues, they are human, but they loved with the love of Christ and you were always welcome no matter what you were going through. I haven't found anything remotely close and I know that this is how it should be according to scripture. Why don't more Christians walk this way? I guess that's the same question Murray was asking back then. Ummm.

Well, no matter, I have a choice to make. Do I choose to walk in the love of God or to continue to walk in the world's terms of love? Will I allow the Holy Spirit to cleanse me of the bitterness and loneliness so that I can see what I am to do next? or will I just sit here and sulk thinking about what I use to have?

Today, I chose to walk in love, to allow the Holy Spirit to do His work in and through me so that I can be all that the Lord has made me to be. I want to hear "Well done, thou good and faithful servant," when I meet Him face to face. I also want the peace of God to surround me every moment of the day. I encourage you to do the same, and I promise you, you'll never be the same. Nor will this world when we "Shed abroad the love of Christ that is within us." I'll stand in the gap for you and you stand for me, because
"if two of you shall agree on earth as touching
any thing that they shall ask,
it shall be done for them of my Father..." Matt. 18:19

~ Be Blessed ~

About me

Webrings