« Home | ~ Wordless Wednesday ~ » | "In His Words" » | ~ The Shape of My Personality ~ » | ~ My Testimony ~ » | Something to Think About » | Wordless Wednesday » | OTG Pt 4 ~ #76 - 100 » | ~ My Special Day ~ » | Prayer from a Mother's Heart » | OTG Pt 3 ~ #51 - 75 »

Motherhood hurts sometimes but...


When you gave birth to that beautiful child, did you ever think you would cause them pain? Did you ever think that one day they'd cause you pain?

The answer is a resounding no. You have grand hopes of growing together, loving each other and living through lifes trials together. No one ever dreams or sets out to hurt or cause pain to your child. But somewhere along the road of life it can happen. I live that unfortunate misery currently. I trust the Lord that it will be temporary and that He will work mightly in my life as a result of this trial.

But it still hurts?! Yes, it hurts to know that you are hated, that you failed in some way, that you failed to let them know that you loved them and that you may never be friends again. It is a painful place to be and I refuse to dwell on it. In other words to camp out in the land of misery, because I hope in the Lord and this too shall pass. No, it will not pass overnight for it didn't happen overnight. This has been a process and one I have failed to notice and take proper stock of. It is a journey of trust in the Lord to right the wrongs and mend the hearts of the hurting.

"Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways
you may not understand at the time."
~ Oswald Chambers~

I know my Lord can and will do what is best for all of us in His timing. I patiently await His timing and instruction. I realize that I am to learn something from this period as well as become totally reliant upon Him. I am in a place of discovery, recovery and restoration, if I will allow Him the room necessary to change my heart, my mind and my attitude. No, I don't want to be known as a mother who didn't love her children, who was too angry or busy with others needs that she failed her family, nor do I wish to hear the Father say I didn't do what He set before me to accomplish. I know I will answer to Him for the time I had to train, nurture and love them and I am very sorry that at this moment, I may have failed Him.

I do have hope, you see He has promised to never leave me nor forsake me. To hold me close when the storms of life crash down upon me. He is my ever present help in times of trouble and I believe this and hold onto it for dear life. He is my life line and I will always run to my strong tower in time of need. As Paul told us that we must run the race with endurence, never give up, to not grow weary in well doing and in due seasons we will reap if we don't faint. I shall perserve and I will never give up on my children. I will not be moved by what I see for "faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen." I will "Be still and know that He is God." This is faith in a God who holds the world in the palm of His hand. I will stand strong in this faith and cast not my confidence away for my hope is in the Lord.

Motherhood hurts sometimes but....

Having faith in God is the hope that will see you through!
(Read Psalm 23)


Dawn - I am so sorry that you are currently hurting so bad.
I have been hurting too in the past, but like you said "hold onto Him for dear life". I promise you that He will see you through -- He is faithful - He will never leave you or forsake you.

Lifting you up in prayers right now.

Post a Comment

About me

Webrings