« Home | Something to Think About » | ~ Happy Mother's Day ~ » | Something to Think About » | ~ New Look ~ » | Still here.... » | Facts About Women » | Cultivating Mother's Heart Pt 8 » | Reflections ~ I Will Never Be the Same Again » | In Honor and Memory of...... » | ~ Devotion ~ Mar »

This is the Day....


"that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad it in."


It has been an incredible day already. I purposed in my heart to rejoice, to make changes in my attitude and health and let me tell you it is paying off. I have been suffering terribly with major perimenopause symptoms and I just couldn't take it anymore. Last night I began reading a book called "This is Not Your Mother's Menopause." I realized as I was soaking in my bath, that I had allowed these symptoms and the world's grim reality of menopause to cloud my judgment and I was entering serious depression. It was a major reality check at 11:30pm. I then got up and decided I needed to make some changes, so I researched what the "experts" had to say about my issues, the treatment and self-care. I realized that I was totally in control of how I reacted and how I handled this change in my life. Nothing and nobody else could make the adjustments needed but me. I am please to say I have decided these things are just not worth the anxiety, frustration and stress that they cause and I am taking back my life. I slept for the first time in over 6 months.

I awake to a wonderfully cool morning, greetings from my dear hubby and puppy, fresh brewed coffee (and large glass of water) and a clean kitchen. There is cinnamon muffin loaf baking (another thing I haven't done in 6 mos) and my home is very peaceful with lovely worship music playing in the background. I am reclaiming my life, every single minute of it. I realize that this too shall pass as it has for so many other women before me. I choose to live a positive, satisfied, praiseworthy life for my Lord. Thank you to those of you who have been praying for me. I got it.

~ Be Blessed ~

I'm so glad! Sometimes we can hear God's voice to us so clearly--praying for you.

Post a Comment

About me

Webrings