« Home | Something New! »

Thought of the Day #1


Today, while I was thinking about the things I would share here, I also found myself answering a request for assistance. In my answer to this request, I mentioned "something to think about," and at that moment I realized that this was a wonderful opening topic. I realized that we as women must have something to think about, for we too are students on this journey of life.

I recall reading in Karen Andreola's book "Charlotte Mason Companion," the question: "What is the best curriculum for a well-brought up person? She indicates that the curriculum should have 3 things: 1. Something or someone to love; 2. Something to do; and 3. Something to think about. I don't know about you, but sometimes I forget to do #3. I spend alot of time doing and loving but not necessarily sitting and pondering or meditating as the Lord would have us do. I remember, I used to read the Proverb for the next day the night before and just think about it and how it applied to my life. I am finding I miss these times and I need to develop the habit to do it again. I think I will start again today.

I leave you w/our first Thought of the Day - be blessed my friends.

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Ps. 91:1-2 (nkjv)
*originally written 10/17